September 2020 – Now
Software Architecture UI/UX Design Trainee
Getty Digital, J. Paul Getty Trust (Getty Center), Los Angeles, California
Media Archive Management Assistant
[Established in the early 1970’s, La MaMa Archives collects, preserves, and exhibits records of permanent historical value relating to La MaMa and the Off-Off Broadway movement.]
- Catalogued and managed digital assets with digital asset management system Collective Access;
- Executed Bash codes to manage files (e.g. Rsync), extract metadata from video files (e.g. MediaInfo, ExifTool), and conduct fixity checking (e.g. md5, deephash);
- Designed and executed Python code script for semi-auto video editing and transcoding in batch;
- Documented digital preservation workflows;
- Prepared Submission Information Packages (SIPs) for long-term preservation.
Film Digital Restoration Trainee
Taiwan Film and Audiovisual Institute (TFAI), Taipei, Taiwan
[Taiwan’s national film archive and film exhibition institute dedicates to preserve Taiwan and Chinese films. TFAI now has close to 17,500 Taiwan and Chinese film titles in its collection and is vigorously undertaking the important task of digital restoration. Learn more about TFAI here. ]
- Conducted repairing and ultrasonic cleaning for 35mm analogue archival films;
- Digitized 35mm archival films with ARRI Scan (2K and 4K resolution);
- Performed film image digital restoration with software DIAMANT;
- Executed color timing with software DaVinci Resolve;
- Digitized and restored 35mm archival film sounds with software Pro Tools and iZotope RX;
- Catalogued film and manuscript archival records in TFAI’s cataloguing system.
Audiovisual Archivist Assistant
Tamiment Library & Robert F. Wagner Archives, Special Collections, New York University Libraries Division, New York
[The Tamiment Library and Robert F. Wagner Labor Archives collects material in all formats documenting the history of labor, the Left, political radicalism, and social movements in the United States. During my work, I was responsible in handling the Asian CineVision archival records. Asian CineVision, founded by grassroots media activists in New York’s Chinatown in 1976, is a non-profit media arts organization that develops, promotes and preserves media made by or about peoples of Asian descent.]
- Catalogued and wrote archival description for Asian CineVision archival records according to DACS standard (Describing Archives: A Content Standard);
- Cleaned and prepared archival U-matic tapes for digitization;
- Managed archival collections in ArchivesSpace, Airtable, and Aeon.
- More stories about processing this collection.